Twitter Updates Design To Include Header Image - Social Media Marketing
Well, it's no news that visual content is the new king of social media and inbound marketing. With that, Twitter announced new mobile and tablet apps, along with a re-designed profile page on browsers. The biggest change to this update is what twitter is calling a header image, which is akin to Facebook's timeline cover image.
So what does it look like?
Below are two pictures of what our profile looks like on the new Twitter for iPhone app. We've used our current Facebook cover image to maintain continuity:
If you want to change add, change, or edit your header image on a mobile device, here's a step by step guide:
1. Click on the wheel image in the center left.
2. Select the first option "Edit Profile."
3. At top, click on "Header."
4. Choose the option you want from Take Picture, Choose existing photo, or Remove Header.
5. Then select your picture, save and voila, YOU'RE DONE!
What about the browser desktop version? Below is an image of what our new profile looks like:
Then how do you add or change a header image on the browser version? Below is a step by step guide to help you:
1. Click on the wheel at the top right.
2. Select "Settings."
3. From the left hand menu, click on "Design."
4. Scroll to the bottom where it says "Header" and click on "Change header."
5. Click on "Choose existing image" and upload your image of choice.
6. Upload, save changes, and voila! Your new header is done and ready!
What kind of picture should you place as your header? Make your header an image that represents you or your business well, but don't try to include Call to Actions because it will be blocked by text, both in the mobile and desktop browser versions. Don't be afraid to make it a fun image and don't make it the same as your twitter background image.
Tell us have you already added a new header? What do you think of the new Twitter design? Tweet us a picture of your new header!
Andrea Bonilla is a copywriter and community manager, with over 2 years of experience, working behind the scenes to help clients build their audience via social media and engage them on a regular basis, and bringing you the latest in social media and inbound marketing news and tips!